Which is the best laser in the market?

We get asked this question quite often. As you may imagine, each laser company wants to claim to have the best product and each doctor feels that they made the best choice when they purchased a very expensive piece of equipment. In reality, the FDA has approved all lasers in the US after a very stringent process. None of them is “bad”. All lasers will do a very good and equal job on 95% of patients. For the remaining 5%, some lasers may be slightly better than others. On occasion, we may take one of my patients to another facility if we feel that their laser is more appropriate for them. This is not very common though.

With the above information in mind, we do personally have a preference for lasers that will minimize human errors when it comes to the input of prescription information. This was the main reason that drove our decision about our current laser platform.

Search other questions